Memorial Day Meaning – A Day of Honor
Does Memorial Day have meaning to you? Many communities around the United States have memorial day events at cemeteries where veterans and spiritual leaders speak. Other cities and towns host parades to honor the military. However, in many cities around the country, these events have been forgotten.
It is important for Americans to take time to remember the sacrifices that bought their freedom. Here are some ideas on how to celebrate this important American holiday:
- Send a note of thanks to Veterans you know.
- If you know someone who has lost a loved one in battle, offer to help with a household project or help meet a special need they have.
- Visit a local cemetery and place flags or flowers on the graves of fallen soldiers.
- Fly the American flag at half-staff until noon.
- Participate in the National Moment of Remembrance at 3:00 pm. Pause and think upon the meaning of Memorial Day.
- Pray for God’s blessing on America. Ask for God’s protection over all branches of our military.
Courtesy of: allabouthistory.org
The words “Thank you,” doesn’t seem enough. And, actions do always speak louder than words, so this weekend and all year-long, remember the sacrifices, whether you agree or disagree with the politics, our brothers and sisters are fighting for us and dying for us. And everyone’s life is worth remembering. ~ Sassy Shirtz